Friday 10 November 2017

A game of Sigmar


I had my first experience playing Warhammer Sigmar last weekend and it was definitely an encouraging one. This variant of the old warhammer game I played a few years ago has been totally transformed and I must admit for the better. When Sigmar came out a few years ago I just dismissed it without really been interested in giving it ago, moving away from 28mm fantasy battles to start different historical projects, really I think I just dismissed it as been a glorified skirmish game. Well here are at the present day and I openly admit I called that one wrong, last weekends game really ignited my intest again in 28mm Fantsy wargaming. I found warhammer Sigmar to be a really fun set of rules and both my dad and myself had a really enjoyable afternoons gaming. My dad has been steadily buying/painting the Storm Cast eternal and Blood gods armies and had enough done to have a decent size game. We played a open war game drawing a random card for deployment etc etc. The mission was nice and simple, scoring a certain number of points for models killed and double points for characters killed

The Warband of the blood gods played by yours truly 
My dad played the lesser numbered but equally powerful storm cast eternal
The game managed to last for the full five turns, despite my dads army having only two models remaining  at the end of the game he still managed to grab victory by the narrowest of margins. On my last turn I charged the remains of my blood Redvers into the Stormcast eternally general mounted on a monsterous beast just for a laugh to see if they could drag him down. Little did I realise that at this stage I was winning the game on points scored and did not need to charge the General, what happened next was the monsterous beast got very angry, wiped out every last model of the blood reavers giving my dad a 80-77 point victory, the demise of the blood Redvers in that one moment had lost me the game 😂😂😂😂😂
Skull crushers of Khorne trample underfoot the Liberators, these boys hit hard!
A Hellbeast is riddled with arrows from storm cast eternals bowmen (judicators?)
Blood reavers emerge from the undergrowth


The blood God warriors start to turn the eternals flank as the game tips in the chaos favour
All our troops finally clash in a long line of combat
The blood warriors clashing with the a Storm cast eternal icon bearer
The storm cast external line is just about broken
The Storm cast eternal infantry Are finally destroyed to a man
The infamous charge by the blood reavers.......
....and the outcome of that fateful charge......
The battlefield shows only troops in red armour remaining on the field aside from the storm cast eternal characters but this wax still not enough to se her victory.

We made one or two rule errors during the game and obviously forgot about certain abilities but the game was highly enjoyable and I am looking  forward to the next one, next time keeping track of my points scored during the game ha ha.








3 comments:

  1. Love that second last photo! Ouch for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neil,
    I dont understand what its all about, but I love the two armies you and your Dad have put together. GW have returned to their best. Great looking game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm Абрам Александр a businessman who was able to revive his dying lumbering business through the help of a God sent lender known as Benjamin Lee the Loan Consultant of Le_Meridian Funding Service. Am resident at Yekaterinburg Екатеринбург. Well are you trying to start a business, settle your debt, expand your existing one, need money to purchase supplies. Have you been having problem trying to secure a Good Credit Facility, I want you to know that Le_Meridian Funding Service. Is the right place for you to resolve all your financial problem because am a living testimony and i can't just keep this to myself when others are looking for a way to be financially lifted.. I want you all to contact this God sent lender using the details as stated in other to be a partaker of this great opportunity Email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com OR WhatsApp/Text +1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete