Tuesday 17 November 2015

A Pike and Shotte ECW battle

Work and the daughters first birthday have eaten into my time over the last couple of weeks so I haven't had the chance to update my blog recently. A couple of weekends ago I had a ECW game with my dad using Pike and Shotte so I have uploaded some pictures of the game I took on the day. 

Battle lines from the Royalist side

Parliament Cavalry

Ruppert leading the Cavaliers

The game played out to be a draw but at the final position my dad playing the Roundheads had definetly started to get the upper hand in the game. On the left flank our cavalry clashed through a number of engagements which after initial sucess,some rather lack lustre counter charging saw Rupperts command broken. The Roundhead cavalry still had one command battered up abit but crucially still unbroken


The centre saw our Pike blocks clash with both sides pushing one another back. At one stage I felt I was going to crack my dads centre but although some of my units pushed through the gaps where the Roundheads had broken I was unable to break the second line. By this stage my units were becoming alarmingly shaken.



And yes I managed to get Ruppert slain as he lead what was to be his final charge 


Overall it was a cracking game, different to what we have been playing of late but really enjoyable, it's always nice when you play with a period you haven't used for a while. Up next will be a venture back into the dessert with Britians finest against the massed hordes of Mahdists in a blackpowder game.


No comments:

Post a Comment