Wednesday 27 July 2016

Painting update


I've been very fortunate in my time in wargaming to have basically every army ive collected painted by my dad 😄 and not just that but to a excellent standard to! So to be honest the painting side of the hobby has never really appealed to me, especially since I started a family 5 years ago as spare time is in very short supply when coupled with working a full time job and I would much rather play a wargame in my spare hours over the weekend! So recently After I dug out a couple of M26 Pershing Heavy Tank / Medium Tank (1945) and German half tracks i glued up sometime ago and then neglected I thought what the hell why don't I have ago at painting them, so I bought myself some paints and scrounged some brushes off my dad and set about painting them, just doing a bit each night over the course of approximately an hour. I must admit I repainted the half track a fair few times as I was never happy with the way it looked but eventually I got somewhere that I was fairly happy with and the Pershing I felt I handled pretty well, I added some extra stowage to the models and some foliage and transfers and the end result I must admit I was very pleased with. For a first go at painting this kind of model I think I did alright, I've got a couple of Russian heavy tanks under coated up ready to be painted, hopefully it won't take a couple of years or so to get them completed..time will tell!

I painted the tracks and underneath of the tank in a rusty effect to highlight a weathered look to the tank and also added the stowage onto the tank
As well as the stowage I also added some foliage onto this Pershing 

The German Sd.Kfz. 251/10 - Schützenpanzerwagen (3.7 cm PaK). Equipped with a 37 mm Pak 36 anti-tank gun mount, I added plenty of foliage to, to really give it a camouflaged look, ideal for fighting the Normandy theatre of the war
Also I added various pieces of stowage to the halftrack
I have a feeling it will need all of its camouflage if it finds itself running into one the M26 Pershing tanks during a game!



1 comment:

  1. Neil, if only you had started painting your stuff years ago! They're really good!

    ReplyDelete